sábado, 1 de agosto de 2009

I will see ya around

Would you ever be able to remember how was it when we were young? I was afraid your answer was not going to be positive. Would you care as much as you do now? I was afraid you were going to say no. Would you love me as much as I do? I was afraid your answer was negative. Thank God you say yes, as you always do.

I want to tell you my dear I got some good chicken fried by the best Christian group of girls in town and I want to watch the fireworks every single year with you. I want to sit in front of the TV and watch the ball falling down at Madison Square Garden, I know what you say about going to New York, but I’m a traditional southern girl and you know I ain’t going to go to a city such as that.

Remember that first time we saw each other. I do. I was sitting by the pool and you came and said that is one horrible person and I told you: that is my cousin and yes, she is as ugly as a raccoon suffering of cancer. You said I was mean, that I shouldn’t talk bad about my family as that. I said if you ever want to say something bad about anybody come and sit by me. We laughed and remembered the joy of being trashy.

After that day we sit each other by the pool during the whole summer and by the beginning of the school year you had asked me out. You took me on your old fashioned truck to the old fashioned Steak and Shake and we got an old fashioned Original Double and a Side-by-Side Milk Shake. You were so scared that you didn’t know if you had to scratch your head or move your behind. You asked me if that wasn’t too much food and I answered: As long as I am single I refuse to eat any healthy food and I try not to put any vegetables if I can go around it.

It is funny that I just remembered that because so long ago you wouldn’t think I was not going to do anything with tomatoes and now the only thing that keeps me off the walls are my tomatoes trees. And for real I don’t know what I’d do if they were not by my side every time we are back here in the hospital having my head about to explode and your heart’s feeling tired. It is funny that I go all the way to the past when I can’t see a future ahead of me.

I want you to open your eyes; I want you to be able to read this and not hear it from me. But honey, I know you shouldn’t, I know the best thing for us is to let you go, and that is exactly what I am going to do. I will call a good funeral home, I will visit you every day from now to the time I am older and can’t remember where I put your bones. I love you, I always will, and I’ll see ya around.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario